The following are some debit card security tips.
- Treat your debit card as you would cash or checks. Always keep your debit card in a safe and secure place.
- Contact Piedmont Federal immediately at 1-800-754-4128 if your card is lost or stolen, or if you suspect unauthorized use.
- Do not send your card number through email.
- Do not give out your card number over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Review your account statements as soon as you receive them to verify transactions. Contact Piedmont Federal immediately if you discover any discrepancies.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or would like to select a new one, please visit your nearest Piedmont Federal location or call 336-770-1000 during business hours.
- If you receive a replacement card, destroy your old card.
- When selecting a Personal Identification Number (PIN) don't use any number or word that appears in your wallet (such as name, birth date, or phone number).
- Activate and sign any new cards immediately when you receive them.
- If you are expecting a new or re-issued debit card and do not receive it, contact Piedmont Federal immediately.
- Do not write down your PIN anywhere, especially on your card, and never give your PIN to someone else.
- Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it.
- When making internet purchases look for "secure transaction" symbols like the lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of you IE web browser or "https://" in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase transaction with your debit card.
- Safe-keep or securely dispose of your transaction receipts.
- Never sign a blank charge slip.
When using an ATM
- Be aware of your surroundings and use caution when withdrawing funds.
- Watch for suspicious persons or activity around the ATM. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, come back later or use an ATM elsewhere. If you are in the middle of a transaction: cancel the transaction, take your card and leave the area. Come back at another time or use a different ATM.
- Report all suspicious activity immediately to the owner of the ATM or to local law enforcement.
- Refrain from displaying cash, and put it away as soon as your transaction is completed. Wait to count your cash until you are in a safe location.
- If you have further questions regarding your Debit Card security, please contact Piedmont Federal at 336-770-1000.